Things keep getting better! I was chosen to be a Stamp Guest Designer for Scrap ‘n Stamp see here. I am super excited as this is my first time being a part of a design team what a fantastic opportunity. Here is what I get to do and the perks of being a guest designer:
Scrap ‘n Stamp Guest Designer Call
We are looking for a handful of talented Canadian designers to join us for the next DT term Starting August 2009
Goodies for being a Guest Designer:
- Welcome Package full of SnS Goodies
- 10% discount on all purchases at scrapnstamp.ca (plus the always free shipping on all orders of $100 or more anywhere in Canada)
- Monthly Kit of goodies to create with
- Your very own ‘Blinkie’ for your blog (to let everyone know you are a guest designer)
- Bragging rights with all of your friend
- The chance to work on a team with other fabulous designers
- The chance to participate in DT challenges (for prizes)
- Link and Bio on our blog
Requirements of Guest Design Team Members
- Be willing to commit to 3 consecutive months as a DT member.
- 1 Friday Sketch Challenge each month (must be made with 100% products sold at Scrapnstamp.ca)
- 1 Thursday Designer’s Showcase post each month (must be made with 100% products sold at Scrapnstamp.ca)
- 2 SnS Gallery posts each month. (must be made with 100% products sold at Scrapnstamp.ca)
- Must submit work 4-6 weeks ahead of posting dates (eg: create & submit in September for October posts)
- Must have an active blog (updated at least 2 times per week) and post the projects made for SnS on your blog with a link to our blog for project details.
- Must link to SnS and other DT members blogs on your blog.
- Projects must to be clearly photographed and on an all white background with a write up, or how-to about your project. You can see on the blog each of our designers has their own style. We want you to have your own style too, but write-ups MUST include all of the items you used. (pictures must be saved at a resolution of approx. 100 dpi and be no more then 90KB) and have our watermark attached
- SnS projects are EXCLUSIVE to SnS. These must be original projects that have never been posted or submitted. SnS reserves the right to used images of projects and any associated instructions on our blog in advertisements or on printed idea sheets that we sent to customers. You will be given full recognition as the designer and creator of each project.
- Projects can be used as future submissions to magazines, etc, after your DT commitment term is up, and Scrap ‘n Stamp releases them. You must notify us if they have been accepted for another publication and give us a minimum of 1 month to remove the project from our site.
- These are the minimum requirements, but going ‘above the call’ is always appreciated!
- Must be able to work as part of a team and roll with the punches in this ever changing industry.
- Tell us a little bit about your self , your interests and why you want to be a part of our DT
- A link to your blog and any online galleries you post on
- Info in any other Design Teams you a have or are currently a part of ( your paper crafting resume) (no previous experience necessary)
- Affiliations with specific paper crafting stores / businesses
- 4 different project pictures attached to show us your ‘style’
- Your take on the following sketch
Here is what I came up with based on the above sketch:
For those who don't know and how can you not cause we were jumping and screaming for joy, we got our dream house (see here). I am so excited because my studio now if I am not mistaken has doubles in size (lower floor see pic called other bedroom) and really is in move in condition. I am so excited and invite everyone to come to my studio Open House in December.
Anyway I ill keep you posted, thank you to all who have called and sent e-mail request I will be catching up on those this weekend.