Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Winter Wonderland - Meets the 40's

Reflection of the 1940's Era

Christmas is getting closer and that means Christmas card Workshops! So to kick off the season I have a few vintage style cards I would like to share.

I don't know what it is about the 1940's style or colours but I am so drawn to them. I just love the graphic style, colour scheme and simplicity of the design. Maybe it was the traditional way they did things then, no computer is those days. Today we produce ads in a few hours or even faster then it would be days if not weeks. Today we shop on line, replace illustrations with photos, and generate everything with computers. In those days it was the era of the illustrator, those artist who were paid for their skill, and were a true talent. The Norman Rockwells, Abner Deans (New Yorker), just to name a few.

Here is my contribution to the 1930's 40's and maybe a little 50's


No comments: