Friday, March 4, 2011

Farwell to a Wonderful Mother, Grandmother, Great Grama and Great Great Grama

Today I will not be posting a Sneak Peak but will be honouring the passing of my grandmother Cecilia (Moore) Dunse. Born in 1910, Manawaki, Quebec. She lived a full life marrying my Grandfather Earl Dunse and celebrated many happy married years until his death in 1993. She raised two out of four children during the Second World War, and later another daughter and son, 4 children in all. She will be sadly missed by 13 grandchildren, 7 great-grandchildren, and two great great grandchildren.

She now joins my grandfather, cousin Gail, my sister Karen and cousin Vaughan.

We will be celebrating her life today with a small wake and funeral, followed by a service in the chapel.

The following are some pictures that I had which I would love to share with you.




Grama sitting along with my grandfather, great grandmother and aunt Colleen and uncle Bruce. I think this is at my parents house and that might be a picture of me on the TV, LOL.



Funny how they never seem to change in there looks, grama and grandpa at there house in Franktown, ON, chill en.


My silly parents (so young) my wonderful cousin Gail, Grama and Grampa at my parents house in Ottawa, ON.



Grama and my aunt Cathy and Uncle Bruce and all my cousins Serina, Tamara, Malcolm and Graham at my parents house, Ottawa, ON.


Grama and Grampa all dressed up for my brothers wedding Ottawa, ON. 



Many generations, my nephew Matthew who is now 16 with his mother Lynne, Nanny Blakley, Grama Pullen Great Grama Pullen and Grama Dunse.

1 comment:

Diane Schultz said...

My condolences and prayers are heading your way Jo-Ann from South Carolina. Your Grandmother is now among the angels, relatives and the Lord where she will be very happy. She will be looking down helping and guiding the rest of the family in spirit.