Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seems Like Forever

Hello all sorry I haven't posted in awhile it has taken me 5 weeks so far just to energy to do this. But I am back and hopefully will be more consistent with my posting. So for those who have wondered where I have been I have been home ignoring everything trying to get myself back on track since I lost my job.

Last weekend we had our first Spring Fling where we get together with other Demonstrators and their guest and share, learn and create. I love these events I find after spending time with these lovely ladies you feel not only better but inspired. The event includes a speaker, at our last event I got to be the speaker and this time it was the spectacular Kim Assely from River Front Stamping and as usual she was fantastic. Sharing with us her style and techniques that she loves to do. Her demonstration focused on doing a Party Workshop. She created a banner, invitation, cupcake flags, and a guest book all using the new Stamping Up products from the Spring Mini. Her theme was boating using the Designer Series Paper Nautical Expedition and The Open Sea, Sail Away and Bakers Twine.

We also had demo booths, where demonstrators share a different technique or design that they learned. For my booth I shared my design for Matchbook Invitations using Designer Series Paper Nautical Expedition and The Open Sea for My Digital Studio. Yes, I have gone digital though it hasn't been without me kicking and screaming. For those who know me I have had the software ever since it came out but only started to learn how to use it over the past 5 weeks.

Talk about jumping in and having fun.

Matchbook Invite
This invite works exactly like a package of matches but bigger and was done using My Digital Studio or MDS for short. By doing it in MDS I was able to have a lot more flexibility then I would using the normal paper and stamps. Allowing me to enlarge the stamps to different sizes where with the standard stamps you get one size only. Now I am not saying that I am not going to stop using traditional stamps and DS paper that will never happen I love things that are tactile. But when you have to make a bunch for a party this has to be the fastest and the easiest way to do it and it is fun too.

So here are a few samples and instructions on how to make.

The Baby Shower - SWEET NEW BABY



Your Invited - DINNER INVITATION


Look Whooo's Turning 2 - CHILDRENS BIRTHDAY PARTY

For this one I added googly eyes to make it fun for the kids.



Julia & Trevor - SAVE-THE-DATE


Set Sail - SAVE-THE-DATE


MATCHBOOK INVITE INSTRUCTIONS


No comments: