Friday, September 16, 2011

Beau Chateau Mini Canvas Album

I love everything about Stampin' Ups NEW line Beau Chateau, from the Designer Fabric to the Designer Paper, Side Notes even the Designrer Printed Album. For this project I wanted to do something smaller and different than an album. I bought a canvas mini album 4" w x 7" h with three rings and chipboard pages which are very easy to cover with paper.

The following project uses this line with a few extra items all from Stampin' Up!

The cover was done very simply by creating a stencil out of cardstock vellum using the die BigZ Tulipe (retired), and Marine Mist Crafting Ink with a sponge dabber. Then using the stamp set Established Elegance I stamped using Soft Suede Classic Ink directly on the canvas. Next I added ribbon 1 1/4" Marine Mist Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Marine Mist Satin Ribbon, and 5/8" Victoria Crochet Trim. Last using Beau Chateau Designer Fabric and BigZ L Fun Flowers I created and flower and held it together with an Antique Brad and a few Basic Pearl Jewels.



For the interior I used Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper and Side Notes and of course Marine Mist 5/8" Satin Ribbon.


Opening the ribbon tab reveals more surprises, and places for pictures and journaling.


I love creating smaller pages they feel like little pieces of art, and are so sweet when you use ribbon and even Simply Adorned Trinket Keys.


I love using envelopes in my designs they allow you to add items that you don't want to permanently add to any project. Simply slip these items into the envelope to store this will both protect the item and make it a conversation piece. And you can even stamp on the envelope to co-ordinate with what you are doing. So simple!
  

Another thing I simple love to use is MDS (My Digital Studio) most people use this for scrap booking or creating cards and other items but I like to use to create wedding invitations, party supply’s such as banners and cupcake toppers and my favourite is my version of the 10 Things Pocket for I Love About Being Your Friend. This was all created in MDS and printed on my home computer! Super easy and very custom which is something I love!

Another thing that I created in MDS is little journal pages using Bea Chateau Digital Papers. On one side I have a message and the left you could add a picture. Each of these 10 pages coincides with one of the numbers from my 10 Favourite Things. In the image below there is more room for pictures to be added.

1 comment:

Susan said...

WOWSERS!!! what a fantastic book!
Are you offering this as a pdf. that can be purchased by {ME} any person out in cyber land? I'd LUV to purchase you tutorial (so hope you'll give a little thought to this)PLEEZZEE & thank you for sharing!!