Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NOEL Christmas Banner Using Emboidery Rings

You know when you get an idea in your head and then when it starts to come out your beyond excited. Well today's post is exactly that, I was sitting in my studio thinking what can I do and as I was cleaning up I found 5 (yes 5) oval embroidery rings made out of wood. And thought what can I create with these. I had treated myself to a new Christmas Kit and had everything for it sitting in front of me and then it came to me what about a banner that says "NOEL". And this is what I created and I am so super excited about it too.

This can be altered using any type of paper, I will be doing one for my workshop out of Stampin' Up products and definitely using MDS (My Digital Studio). I probably won't get that one done until I return from my holidays but maybe I will. When you are inspired sometime you just have to get it out, right?

What I used:
  • 5 embroidery rings (oval)
  • Any Christmas scraping kit
  • 5" or larger wide satin ribbon in matching colour
  • Cherry Cobbler card stock
  • Early Espresso card stock
  • Buttons
  • jewels
  • glitter
  • Very Vanilla card stock
  • Stamp Set Creative Elements
  • Cherry Cobbler 5/8 Seam Binding
This is how looks like all put together
and on the wall, can you say WOW!
Close-up showing a little more detail.

The following images show each one separately so you can see the details of each one.

For those who know me I can never really create
something with even numbers so of course I had to have
another embroidery hoop and this works so well.
I love that my quirky habits work out.
"N" ice. How nice this patterned paper it is vintage and
sparkly and lends itself with the ribbon and buttons 

"O"h my I love the ascent paper that I used here again
the buttons work so well and so simple.

Close-up showing how I used Creative Elements
Stamp from Stampin' Up it doesn't always have
to be something Christmas related, I used it as a
background it it makes the letter pop!

"E"cellent  love the damasks look of the paper so pretty!

"L"ove I so love how this project turned out!

4 comments:

Erika Clark said...

So, so gorgeous! I've wanted to do an embroidery hoop project since I saw the baby themed one. Love them!

Monica Hornof said...

This is so beautiful! I may have to CASE this into a class :) Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca Coyle said...

I love this. I'm just curious how you did your ribbon.

Taylor said...

This is beautiful, you are very talented girl!