Saturday, January 5, 2013

One Little Word 2013 - SIMPLICITY

One Little Word 2013 - SIMPLICITY

"A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life."   - Ali Edwards 

Who would think that one single word could be a powerful thing. Last year I had full intentions of taking this task on choosing a word and running with it for 12 months exploring its possibilities. Looking back now though I did not follow through with this project my word EMBRACE was with me during such hard times. I learned that I could not stop my father’s illness, but EMBRACE the time that I had with him. The time came when we no longer could look after him I was able EMBRACE that fact. I knew then that I was now the adult and needed to make this decision that Mom couldn't look after Dad any more. Though he didn't want to go to the hospital it was the best option for him and for all of us in the end. 

I know this One Little Word got me through everything allowing myself to EMBRACE the things I could not control. In some way made everything easier, easier to accept, easier to allow happen, and most of all easier to spend the time I needed with such a wonderful father.

One Little Word 2013 - SIMPLICITY

All of this said I have taken on the challenge again with a new word, SIMPLICITY. Why not join me on this personal experience or why not try it yourself here at Big Picture Classes.

The following is my homework for January I choose 12 different things that I want to SIMPLIFY in my life. To help me grow to be a better person, in all areas of my life. They are not in any real order and some of them are blank allowing me to figure out what it is that they mean. January's word is possessions, I am taking stock of things that I no longer need and either selling or donating to charity. This could mean my studio so stay tuned it could be a bumpy ride.


NOTE: the turquoise card stock will hold a picture of me that I will be taking hopefully this weekend. 

No comments: